We often get asked about how to choose colors for a newborn session. While there are no hard and fast rules, here are some tips and tricks that can help you make the right choices for your baby’s photos.
- Consider the room’s decor: The colors you choose for your newborn’s photo shoot should complement the decor of the room where the photos will be displayed. For example, if the nursery has a neutral color scheme, you may want to choose colors that will blend in nicely with the decor.
- Stick to a color scheme: It’s a good idea to choose a color scheme and stick to it. This will help create a cohesive look for your photos. Some popular color schemes include pastels, earth tones, and bright colors.
- Think about the season: Consider the season in which your baby is born. For example, if your baby is born in the fall, you may want to choose warm, earthy tones that complement the season.
- Choose colors that complement your baby’s skin tone: When choosing colors for your baby’s photos, consider their skin tone. For example, if your baby has a pink undertone, you may want to choose colors that have a cool undertone to complement their skin.
- Incorporate patterns and textures: Adding patterns and textures to your baby’s photos can create visual interest and depth. Consider incorporating items like blankets, wraps, or clothing with patterns or textures.
- Keep it simple: Remember, less is often more when it comes to newborn photos. Keeping the color palette simple and clean can help keep the focus on your baby’s features and expressions.
- Consult with your photographer: Finally, don’t be afraid to consult with your photographer about color choices. A professional newborn photographer will have experience working with different colors and can offer valuable insights and suggestions.
Choosing colors for your newborn’s photo shoot can be fun and exciting. By considering these tips and tricks, you can make informed choices that will create beautiful and timeless photos of your baby.